June 23, 2013

Another write-a-thon?

Yep, it's that time of year when I become more annoying than usual, asking for money and talking about my work and insisting you care about something called Clarion West.

It starts today. The workshop, with its 18 new students and uh-mazing lineup of instructors, and also the write-a-thon, with (last I heard) some 340 writers typing or scribbling or dictating away.

My somewhat insane goal is to write an outline for a novel and its first 10K words. . . . By the fifth week, at the latest. Making it more insane is the fact that I'll have to move during that time and that I desperately want to finish revisions on a different novel before I start the new one, and the fact that I have no idea what to write about.

So, I need your help. CW would appreciate your financial support, but I need your idea support. Go on over to my write-a-thon page and make a donation (any amount counts!) and then email me with an idea that you'd like to see in a novel. I make no promises that I will use what you give me, but I will send you a surprise in the mail. As I pack to move, the pile of potential surprise gifts grows.

And, if helping me and writers similar to me isn't good enough motivation, do it for my cat.

Can you say no to this creature?



1 comment:

  1. I do care about Clarion! Unfortunately I pledged to Ken Schneyer and I've been backing lots of kickstarters lately so I'm going to keep a few bucks in my pocket for a while.

    HOWEVER!! Readers are allowed to submit one story for the Million Writers Award. I exercised my right to nominate by submitting "Melt With You" which is my favorite short story of the year.

    You are at the bottom of this page. Somewhere... http://www.storysouth.com/millionwriters/2013-individual-submit.html

    ReplyDelete